The Club was started in 1938 and its initial site was at Old Highfield on the Fenwick Moor off the A77 between Glasgow and Kilmarnock. A less than congenial spot to practice naturism it would be hard to imagine. The founders must have been a hardy bunch. By the late 1940's, the club had moved to an island on Loch Lomond. Over the next few years, a couple of sites on the island were used for naturist pursuits until the club settled at its present location.